Dunhuang Mogao GrottoesUpdated: 2013-11-02
( china.org.cn ) Ten things NOT to do in the Mogao Grottos
1. No flashlight photography. The strong light from camera flashes will directly damage murals.
2. No large backpacks. Even the slightest scratch by a backpack could result in fatal loss of the ancient and highly delicate murals.
3. No body contact with the cave walls.
4. No liquids inside the caves.
5. No visiting while drunk.
6. No long stays inside the caves.
7. No pets.
8. No smoking.
9. No littering.
10. No playing around. Stick to the route laid out and don't disturb others.